Friday, December 13, 2002

It is a gray, gloomy, rainy, "Winter" morning in San Francisco.

Today has the personality of a small gray room with one small window too high to look out of, a metal frame institution bed, maybe a sink, and sitting on the floor in the corner singing, "Bum, bum, bumble-bee, bumble-bee tuna/I love bumble-bee, bumble-bee tuna".

Staring out the 12th floor office window at work at the rainsoaked sidewalk below, watching all the people rushing by with their umbrellas, I thought to myself isn't my life exactly where I want it to be at this point?

It is absolutely nowhere and, yes, that is exactly where I want it to be. I don't want far future responsibility or committment to this life, so whatever is getting me down, I just need to stop. For the next several weeks, I'm going to cultivate my mellow.

Because I'm easy come, easy go/Little high, little low/Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me