Monday, February 03, 2003

I've decided that joy and sorrow are not linear with sorrow going that way, and joy going the other way on a line scale; not two different, separate, opposite things. Rather, like most seemingly opposite things, they are one big circle and just gradients of the same thing.

There are times I've felt sorrow so intense that I started feeling pangs of joy in the bottom of it. And I'm sure it's much more common to feel such a great joy or beauty that it starts taking on tinges of sorrow in its ephemerality.

For me, at least. I wouldn't expect too many people to get the joy within the sorrow. When people get into the sorrow, they seem to just get stuck there. But I don't know. I guess it helps if you're characteristically suicidal or a fatalist. Or Murphy of Murphy's Law fame.

"Poetry Corner", a series, by Gage-O:
#6

“Little Thoughts”
Sometimes,
I have
little thoughts
about you.

I think,
maybe
she thinks
I’m rich
or something.

I think,
maybe
she thinks
I love
her.

I think,
maybe
she thinks
I’m a
robot
from
the planet
TRITOR 7QB.