Friday, February 28, 2003

There was a point once when I thought that a year and a half without being in a relationship was a long time. It's been more than four years now, longer than it's ever been. It has only gotten harder and harder to want to be in a relationship, to conceive of being in a relationship.

It's not really a consideration or an option, but for the time being I'm still social, I still meet people, and I wonder about compatibility levels. But I always hit that point where the red flag goes up, and it's no way right then and there.

Most people have their red flags, but even when they're triggered, they steamroll right through them. For me, red flags are fatal. Not that anyone has shown any interest in me in the past four years.

As of tonight, there is one less potential person I'd even consider.