Friday, April 25, 2003

I've got my plans, and they're frightening to you all:
I don't have many friends, not many confidantes or intimates. But in extreme moments, all you need is one to screw up plans, to mess up the balance.

I hate interventions. I find them insulting and stupid. There's a reason I got to whatever point, a superficial "intervention" now isn't going to change anything. It's not that I don't care about the people who care about me, it's not that I don't recognize that they should feel something or want to do something. It's just that they can't. And if it's not that they can't, then it's because I don't want them to. An intervention at this point would just cause me to close up and shut them out. Meddling kids. An intervention would be a betrayal against the understanding that I say what I say and do what I do.

So just say what I say
And do what I do.