Thursday, April 10, 2003

Tucson

I'm in love with this climate!!! Tucson is winning me over. I love the heat, I love this vibe, I love the desert! I'm not thrilled with the car culture and the not-necessarily-bicycle-friendly roads, although it tries, but I'm totally down with Tucson.

Why didn't anyone suggest Tucson and the University of Arizona ten years ago?! Instead, all my friends told me to go to San Francisco, I would love it there. None of them are friends anymore. Miserable, dead-end San Francisco. A true friend would have known me enough to tell me to check out Tucson, and if I went there for law school, I would have stayed and fallen in love and lived happily ever after amongst the saguaros. But who the hell thinks of Tucson?

As it is I'm in limbo, living in a place I want to leave, finding a place I have no reason to move to, unable to even think of the future until at least August, at which point I might not even need to. I think my philosophy now is going to have to be "one thing at a time". See what happens from moment to moment to decide what to do with my life. I could live here, I won't discount it, but who said anything about living? Of course I have two more days here to find the downsides of Tucson.