Wednesday, April 30, 2003

geek shit:
Yesterday, after I read that Peter Gabriel released "Secret World Live" on DVD, I hopped on my bike and went down to Best Buy to pick it up, getting rained on in the process. It's excellent, re-mastered and re-formatted, Peter Gabriel fans should go buy it NOW. But I've already noticed two incidents of tinkering in the sound. The first tinkering is good, they turned up David Rhodes' guitar on "Steam" right after the "Everybody nose dive . . ." break, and it's a cool, rockin', wah pedal part. The part is on the VHS video, but buried in the mix so I never noticed it. The second tinkering is on "Shaking the Tree" during the David Rhodes intro section when PG does the happy little synchronized dance with the guitarist. They added a PG vocal that is definitely not on the video, and it doesn't even look like he's singing it. That bugs me.