Friday, November 16, 2007

Dreams: What Is and What Should Never Be

I had Amina dreams two nights in a row. Very strange. I don't remember the first night's dream at all, just that it was an Amina dream. It may have just been a "the idea of her" type of dream. The second night's dream I made a note to remember just because of how strange it was to have two Amina dreams in a row. 

The situation was in New Jersey at my parents' house, and that sort of setting was much more like a Shiho situation. It was like in high school, but in the dream there was no thought of Shiho, it was clearly Amina. My feeling towards the object in the dream was that of Amina in college, whereas in high school, I tended to blow off Shiho's feelings towards me. 

But it was in New Jersey and my family situation was completely different from what the reality was. I got along with my family, and they were familiar with my friends and even hospitable. They knew Amina was a close friend. 

It was a Sunday afternoon, around noonish. Oh, actually the dream transitioned into an Amina dream. It started off just living in New Jersey with family, and it was a nice family situation, I didn't hate them at all. 

In the dream, I was out of it for some reason, maybe even delerious, and also departing from reality, my family knew and cared. They were telling me to get some rest. I may just have been suffering from fatigue and lack of sleep, which is probably attributable to my current reality.

So I lay down to sleep, and then the dream transitioned to the noon-ish hour and Amina had arrived to call on me. My mother called to me to take some medicine, maybe just aspirin and asked if I could go out and get something she needed, and that a friend, Amina, was downstairs waiting. 

Since Amina was a close friend and my family knew her, I didn't need to rush to go down and meet her. There were some other people who were supposed to come a little later, and in that regard it was very much like an actual Shiho situation, where a rehearsal might have been scheduled and Shiho would come early to hang out beforehand. 

There was an exchange in the interim between me and one of my brothers about one of the neighbors having a party and concern about street parking, even though in reality, street parking is never an issue where my parents live. 

So I got ready and went down to greet Amina, but actually in the dream, I don't remember ever actually seeing Amina. When I got downstairs, it turned out she had a little brother named Howard that we all knew and called 'Howie", but he looked like an East Asian kid, so I guess that's weird since Amina is Pakistani. Shiho didn't have a younger brother.

When I got downstairs, the front door was open and two birds flew in, and there was some commotion about getting the birds out, since they weren't supposed to be indoors, and once they got used to being inside, you can never get rid of them. I'm sure there's some symbolism in there.

But we chased the birds out and that's when the dream ended. Something about the front lawn and how it used to have more trees, rows of trees, but in reality there were never many trees on the front lawn.