Friday, July 11, 2003


July 11, 2003; 11:13 A.M. - Wizard Island, Crater Lake, from the other side. Pausing while on the way out, continuing to Portland.


July 11, 2003; 10:17 A.M. - The mirror reflection of Crater Lake. I spent the morning trying to ride around Crater Lake, but I went no more than 10 of the 33 mile road before I realized I couldn't make it. Maybe it was the altitude, maybe I didn't have enough fuel, but the ride back after abandoning was grueling. The last bit up to Rim Village was an excrutiating climb of maybe about 1000ft.


July 11, 2003; 5:47 A.M. - Crater Lake, Oregon. Yea, I think it actually was this bright at 6 in the morning, maybe because of the altitude? I slept in my car with six or seven mosquitos, none of which bit me, and after waking up, I went for a short hike.