Saturday, October 09, 2004

Absolutes

Man, I read a bunch of blogs of various religious content today, and I'm regretting posting anything about religion. I feel like what I've written is exactly like what they've written – just . . . something no one can agree on.

People won't even agree to disagree; they just think they are right and everyone else is wrong. So many people don't even want to accommodate a paradigm within their own belief that is inclusive. You can rationalize anything these days.

So no more anything regarding "other religions" or religions as a general concept for the next two weeks until this weblog goes on hiatus. It's my blog, I'll only write about what concerns me, including maybe what I believe in, but I won't fall into that fray anymore.

I'm going out of town for the weekend. I haven't been out of town since going to that upstate monastery back in August. I'm driving down to D.C. in my brother's Porschy to visit Meghan, and then to Philadelphia to visit my brother and meet my *cough* 6-month old nephew.

Just another blue-haired asshole with a Porshy.