Saturday, August 26, 2006

Southern Taiwan day 1: Kaohsiung

Three former classmates, Hyun Ae, Japanese goth chick (Takako), French dude (Pierre) and I traveled south during our week off between classes.

Pentax ZX-5n, Ilford XP2 Super:




All of these are at the Dragon and Tiger Pagodas on Lotus Lake, Kaohsiung. The third image is from CD-R, the rest are home scans.
9:19 a.m. - We took the train from Taipei to Kaohsiung.
2:26 p.m. - My uncle and aunt picked us up from the train station and took us to Lotus Lake for touristy stuff.

2:38-2:39 p.m. - Lotus Lake from Dragon and Tiger Pagodas. I think the pavilions stretching out into the lake are of local religious significance. 
3:09 p.m. - Kaohsiung Confucius Temple, also along Lotus Lake.

5:11-5:18 p.m., Free time walking about the Love River area near my uncle's building.
5:18 p.m. - Our crew.
6:01 p.m.

5:56-6:10 p.m. - She's a bit weird, but a good photo subject.
8:08 p.m. - Cousin Audrey's kids, Pie and Gracie, at dinner.
8:18 p.m. - Poor Takako on the left wasn't feeling well after a day of traveling.

Photo dump (but believe me, these are still just a selection, a fraction, of the wanton digital madness that went on):

6:33 a.m. - I can't believe we were on the train that early, but it's confirmed on the time stamp of the original photo. I do recall that by either bus or train, it takes a long time to go from Taipei to Kaohsiung.

9:17 a.m. - testing the zoom on the Caplio R4

9:18-9:19 a.m. - these dorks.
2:27 p.m. - with my aunt on the left. my uncle shooting.

6:04 p.m. - along the Love River
6:58-7:00 p.m. - Hyun Ae molesting my aunt and uncle's dog. 7th floor of my uncle's building, waiting to go to dinner.



10:48-10:59 p.m. - pajama digicam party on the 7th floor. This is the room I usually stay in, but the girls slept here. 




I have a pretty prominent scar on my jawline. No one, but nobody, has ever asked about it. No one has looked at me, tilted their head to my right side and asked, "whoa, where'd you get that scar?". Not a person after years of friendship on a night of drinking and deep conversation has asked about it. It's like no one can even see it. It may be karmic. Something about me people just can't see. I actually took this pic while looking at the camera Hyun Ae is holding. Takako can see I'm taking a pic.
It may seem like a photo dump, but each of these were chosen.