Sunday, August 06, 2006

OK, enough of that. I'm sick of writing about that. It was status quo from the beginning, and it was just stupidity that I even made it something to write about. Even now I feel the fear of losing something, failing to maintain some connection, contemplating what-if's.

But no, if nothing is lost, there is still nothing. If I maintain all connections, there's still nothing. And there are no what-if's. If nothing.

We're good, but it freezes here and nothing more shall be made of it. I don't care what she thinks about me, I don't care about how she reacts to anything I do, and if anything gets lost between us, there was nothing to lose in the end.

She's a friend, she's a classmate, but there is nothing special between us, even through all that traipsing around Taipei bike shops. It could have been any of us who were willing, and there's at least one other I know who would have been willing. It was only me because ultimately I know something about bikes – that much she knows because the point was hammered home in class last term.

OK, that's the final word on that. She will be mentioned no more.

Saturday August 5, 2:58 p.m. - Construction of the Xinyi MRT line.
The Xinyi MRT line will go to Taipei 101.
Sculpture reminiscent of Don Quixote on Civic Boulevard near Dunhua South Rd. Pentax ZX-5n, Ilford XP2 Super.
Taipei 101 poking up in the distance. Guangfu South Rd., lane 32.