Thursday, August 31, 2006

My new conclusion is that it is possible to love aspects of a person without thinking that I've fallen in love with the person when too many "red flags" have popped up in the course of knowing the person. I can enjoy their company and love those defined aspects, and not fool myself thinking I'm in love with that person.

New term starts this Friday. The old group of classmates is totally dissolved as far as I'm concerned. I have no desire to try to maintain that social group. It's possible for Hyun Ae and I to continue having lunch because my class ends at 12:10 and her class starts at 2:10, but I don't expect anything.

I traveled to the south of Taiwan for a few days with Pierre, Hyun Ae, and Takako. It's good for me to travel with other people every once in a while to remind myself why I prefer to travel alone. We stayed at my uncle's place in Kaohsiung, and it was tiring trying to bridge my relationship with my extended family and the type of relationship I have with classmates.

As for this blog, I'll blog until I'm bored and then stop until I can get better motivation/inspiration, and I'm bored now.

Wednesday, August 30, 3:25 p.m. - Back in Taipei, back to normal and shaved ice (shaved ice is better in Kaohsiung).
August 31, 1:25 p.m. - Mandarin Training Center study room on the first floor.
5:40 p.m. - At Starbucks at the corner of Heping E. Rd. and Jianguo S. Rd.