Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Southern Taiwan day 4: last day in Kaohsiung

We took the bus back to Kaohsiung in the morning and my aunt and uncle took as out to lunch and then we didn't do anything special for the rest of the day. The evidence suggests we took an overnight train back to Taipei.

12:10 p.m. - With my aunt and uncle.
The nothing special for the rest of the day:

1:07 p.m. - Using Hyun Ae as a brace for a long zoom shot with the Caplio R4 into a mirror. We were casually physical like that, but that's all.
1:17 p.m. - uncle and aunt

1:43-1:54 p.m. - Based on these pics, my knowledge of Kaohsiung's tall buildings and Google Maps, I determined we were at the Han Hsien Int'l Hotel with 100% certainty (if I had $100 to bet on it, I'd bet it all). The government must have a job for me doing something useless like that.
4:03 p.m. - napping at my cousin Audrey's house. No pics of Audrey means things were cold between us.
4:31-4:36 p.m. - Up from nap and tidying up the bed. She thought it was cute and was thrilled that it was me who bought that stuffed animal (and a similar one) for Pie and Gracie.
The oscillating fan would blow her hair into little wings.
5:00 p.m. - Out wandering in a shopping area near my cousin's neighborhood by the old President Department Store.
11:09-11:11 p.m. - Unremarkable pics of KMRT construction, but evidence that we took the overnight train back to Taipei.
 Pentax ZX-5n, Ilford XP2 Super. All CD-R:
That tower is close to my cousin Audrey's house, so this is shooting north-northeast-ish.
The Kaohsiung 85 Robot building. ISO 800.
 Kodak BW400CN (roll change):

ISO 800
West-ish with Hanshin Building visible and Shoushan range in the distance.