Friday, September 01, 2006

New term started at the language school, and things are looking positive.

I like my new teacher. The bar is low because of my previous teacher, but I really think this teacher will do for me. My classmates seem OK, but it's impossible to tell from only one day. Anyone might turn out to be a complete freak like the Mongolian guy, or the two Spanish-speaking guys who I couldn't figure out what they were even doing in Taiwan. Why were those people wasting our time when we were trying to learn this language?

Hyun Ae met me after my class to go to lunch. Her class is at 2:10, so if she wants to meet me for lunch on a regular basis, it's perfect. The poetic justice is that she got my previous teacher! It's karma, I tell you, for reasons I haven't written about. I rubbed it in for a while, but in the end I definitely support her to switch out of that class. Not a good teacher, and if she stayed in the class, I would hear no end of complaint.

Hyun Ae and I are good on a one-one basis, but I know that as soon as someone else starts paying attention to her, I may as well not be there. I know she has no loyalty to me and doesn't consider me anything special as a friend.

I also have to realize my previous tack of just going with flow won't work. I ended up investing emotion in her anyway. I need to decide for myself what my boundaries are and not just accept her when she wants my attention, and turn it off when she directs her attention to someone else.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Sista Sista (Sakura)
2. Geek U.S.A. (Smashing Pumpkins - live on German TV)
3. Ma Ma Ma Belle (Electric Light Orchestra)
4. Puttin' On the Ritz (They Might Be Giants)
5. El Condor Pasa (Simon & Garfunkel)
6. Top Rankin' (Bob Marley & the Wailers)
7. Passover (Joy Division)
8. Scissor Man (XTC)
9. Sing, Sing, Sing (With a Swing) (Benny Goodman)
10. Not For You (Pearl Jam)