Saturday, September 30, 2006

photography Sept 26-30

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 5:29 p.m. - Sunset along the bikeway.

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 4:08 p.m.
6:47 p.m. - Shida main library
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 10:34-11:09 p.m. - Kaohsiung, Pie's birthday. Gracie with her tongue out.
Grandfather and granddaughters
Cousin Audrey and Pie, uncle's apartment on the 8th floor. Photo including Audrey probably means things were OK between us this visit.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 11:31 a.m. - Yuan Heng Temple, where Audrey's mom is interred. The woman I refer to as my aunt is actually Audrey's stepmom. Sometimes Audrey will express friction between them, and I always point out what a wonderful woman she is with zero agenda except to do what's best and reasonable for everyone around her, which is probably why I love her and get along with her so well. Still, nothing will take away from how special Audrey's mom was to both of us.
12:13 p.m. - Yuan Heng Temple. Much later on when I was working on these photos and had forgotten the context, this photo made me realize I wasn't on a solo photostroll. I'm not brave enough of a photographer to shoot strangers like this so openly, so I realized these must be Audrey's relatives and a bunch of us were there to visit and pay respects to Audrey's mom. So I sent this pic to Audrey and asked if she knew who these people were, hoping to get some clarification. But instead of "Yes, those are so-and-so on my mother's side of the family", she replied "Yes. I do." Thanks for the sour persimmons, cuz, and congratulations on knowing who those people are. Her answer was too funny, perfect and final for me to continue asking who these people are.
4:46 p.m. - Photostroll through Port of Kaohsiung and the area surrounding my uncle's building.
4:58 p.m. - Every morning my uncle drives over that bridge and down the ramp to the left to get to Xiziwan Beach for a morning swim in the sea.
5:07 p.m.
 Pentax ZX-5n, Kodak BW400CN, all September 30:

Yuan Heng Temple. CD-R.
Temple detail.
Street shooting.
Gate leading to the Port of Kaohsiung just down the street from my uncle's.
Kaohsiung 85 Robot Building. That's not its real name, just what I call it.
ISO 800. Scan.
Port of Kaohsiung. CD-R.
The port area also includes a train depot, but there is construction going on that doesn't seem related to railroad activity. This looks station-like, but they're not building a station. It's an old railway and if they needed a station here, it would've been made long ago. I suspicion this is foreseeing post-railroad (i.e., tourist) life. Scan.