Saturday, March 24, 2007

Tour de Taiwan, Stage 7, the final criterium stage of the tour. Pentax ZX-5n, Kodak BW400CN.
10:36-10:37 a.m.
They're going one way in color, but the other way in black & white. If I knew I was going to be juxtaposing the pictures, I might have opted not to flip the black & whites, which I always do unless there's something glaring in the photo that brings attention to the fact that it's flipped. I guess this isn't glaring, just maybe curious for the overly observant. 
10:46 a.m. - Vesak cyclist. From the heavens above to the earth below, there is no cyclist comparable to me. That's the pose the Buddha took in the fairy tale story of his birth (Christians did the same thing with Jesus, but curiously take it literally), uttering similar words (which any newborn would utter if they could speak).
10:49 a.m. - Taipei City Hall. I commented before how it's among the ugliest city hall buildings in the world. This is the front in all its lack of glory. There is logic to its design. From above, it makes out the characters 十十, which is 10-10 or October 10, Taiwan's founding day. Until Taipei 101 was built next door, only birds, helicopters and Chinese spy satellites could appreciate that.
City hall with some more aesthetic geometry, maybe.