Sunday, August 03, 2003

For the next week, the plan is to hang out with Amy and help her pack as much as possible.

On Wednesday night I have a ticket for Supergrass at the Fillmore.

On Friday, Amy gets the truck and I help her load up to leave on Saturday.

On Saturday, Delphine and I drive down to southern California. We come back either Sunday or Monday, depending on whether she has to work or not.

I have no plans after that and I'm making no plans after that. That's when reality needs to sink in. It's wonderfully anti-climactic. I'm personifying life as a big ol' cat, and at this point I'm just staring that cat in the face. So cute. Please take care of me. Onegaishimasu.

I want to cry, but I can't. I feel like selling whatever I can on Craig's List, but I won't. The impulse is to consider the details, fuck the details.

To counter the anti-climactic with a dramatique, let's have a scenario:

Anyone who comes here will know right away, and with one exception, no one will be really affected except cerebrally.

I will send in a rent check for September so my landlord won't notice anything or take any action until October.

My parents contact me only sporadically and it's not unusual for them not to get in touch with me for months, so no alarms there until my landlord calls them in October.

I don't know who would be the first to notice and set off alarms. Both Sadie and Delphine wouldn't think anything amiss if I didn't respond for several weeks. And even if they did notice something, I doubt they'd find anything suspicious. Maybe they'd think I just dropped off the radar, maybe they'd think I decided to cut contact. I'm not a reliable enough acquaintance to set off any alarms by not responding.

I think it will come down to my landlord calling my parents. My parents' reaction would be to pay October's rent and try to find out what's going on by first getting her brother to get his daughter, my cousin Mimi, to come over here and see what's up.

I don't know how long my parents will hold out until they realize something is wrong and send out one of my brother's to collect my stuff. Whoever gets the authorization to enter my apartment will find the holographic will. Maybe.

I don't know how long it will take, but eventually it will dawn on Sadie to come here and find out and she'll let Delphine know. Same with Madoka.

I'm not serious about any of this, this is just a game, a mental exercise.