Monday, August 18, 2003

Two Out of Three Ain't Bad
Whew!

I've never been good with deadlines, they tend to make me crazy. Now I can take things at my own pace and figure out execution.

There's no drama here really. There's not supposed to be any drama. The drama and the emotions only come out unreasonably, only in the present moment, but in the context of the three dimensions of past, present, future, it really is unreasonable.

The past record points to one conclusion, and after 20 years of being the way I am, I think I've done rather well. I hope no one I respect would fault me now. I mean really, I've been writing about this over and over again and nothing has really changed, and I go back to what I've written and it all makes perfect sense to me.

The future can only be built on the past, and again, from what I've been building, it all makes perfect sense, too. I know no one will agree with me on this, but in regards to the future as well, this end is quite reasonable and logical considering. I would go so far as to say it's affirmative.

Always, always, always the nagging point is the present. Past and future notwithstanding, the present controls, the present is the being, without the cooperation of the present, nothing gets executed. Past and future are reasoned, present is emotional, the wildcard. Oh, I just had a deja vu about writing this posting.

All of life is fleeting, but what is more fleeting than the present? The past is done, the future is unknown, but the present is here and then it's gone. Whatever reason can be extracted from the concepts of past and future can be more real than the simple and base reactive of the present. And for me, the past and future considerations are far more real than the present as pertaining to my life.

The present needs to be controlled. There are living solutions, I don't see this as a matter of no way out or no other options. But it's just what makes sense, whether I like it or not. And I don't really like it, but the past and future compel. It's just right.