Thursday, September 25, 2003

The Debate:
I voted for Peter Camejo (Green Party) in the last governor's race, I think I'll vote for him again. I was going to vote no on the recall, yes for Bustamante, but Camejo was serious and articulate and I agreed with his approach and values. I'll still vote no on the recall, because I think it's capricious and fiscally irresponsible and detrimental.

Half of what Cruz Bustamante said sounded like his commercials, scripted and contrived. As for his ideas, if Gray Davis was deemed unfit to govern, and the job fell to Bustamante, I think he would have gotten us to the next gubanatorial election adequately. But he still is part of the administration embroiled in this problem/fiasco.

Tom McClintock had a lot of intelligent things to say but he lost me on the race issue. He seems to believe as long as race is not a consideration in the law, it is not a consideration in society. And guess what? Race is a consideration in society.

Arianna and Arnold: They fight and bite, they fight and fight and bite, fight fight fight, bite bite bite, the Arnold and Arianna Show!! But I like Arianna second to Peter Camejo. But I demand satisfaction, she cannot leave this debate without calling someone "Dah-ling".

Arnold would govern this state in an arrogant manner, and represent a woeful minority of people. His closing statement was pretty much his commercial spots. The man knows how to learn his lines. He's only a front-runner in this race because Californians are starstruck, baby.