Friday, September 12, 2003

Off:
It was one of those days where every decision I made felt wrong. Patience and tolerance levels were low, while anger, hate, and presumably fear were high. Random people were annoying the hell out of me right and left. I think this was largely the way I had been living my life. Today felt like an exception.

I felt impermeable today. Life and the world not entering into me, and me not getting out into it, being in it, being a part of it. All that I've learned and felt activated lately wasn't there. I wasn't giving anything to the world, and the world wasn't giving anything to me. Just a walking impermeable fleshbag of ego. It's good that today felt like the exception.

I ended up in Golden Gate Park and did some reading in the so-called "Tibetan Book of the Dead". I re-read parts that I read in the morning and couldn't penetrate, and that's when the impermeability started melting away. I got the pages with a vengeance.


Reading with the pigeons in Golden Gate Park.