Sunday, July 17, 2005

Northern Exposure Quote of the Day: I tell her we'd never work out because we have nothing in common, because I hate everything that she likes. And in return for my forthrightness and honesty, I get, at best, if ever, her grudging respect, when like Jules what I really want is to lick her naked body from head to foot like a postage stamp. - Joel

I'm gonna smack the next person who advises people with wireless routers to secure their connections. In January, there was no wireless seeping into my parents' house. In March, I found a connection in my brother's old room and in the dining room. Now I've got one in my old room, but only when I'm sitting at one spot on my bed. And shit is fast! If I ever get a wireless connection, I will not secure it. Power to the people, man.

Guess what I finally won off eBay:




I won an entry level model shakuhachi in March from this guy who makes them in New York. It was made only for meditation purposes and I knew it wasn't in perfect tune, but then I found that I could tell it wasn't in tune, and I wanted one that was. Mind you, it is an excellent flute and serves its purpose well as a meditation flute.

This red shakuhachi is made by the same guy and is in tune, and knowing the quality of his flutes, I know I won't be disappointed. Unfortunately, he's out of town for the week, and I won't be able to ride into the city to pick it up until after my brother's wedding next Saturday.

At least that gives me time to get comfortable on a bike before taking on New York City streets.