Monday, July 31, 2006

Well, whatever.

I’m supposed to be distancing from her, and I did manage to avoid lunch by having to go take care of flight stuff (that didn’t get taken care of – got wait-listed), but afterwards we got together and I took her to a place where I knew she could pay her phone bill. Then I went with her to a skin doctor.

It’s starting to get a tinge unpleasant. Another welcome overstayed. Our personalities are starting to clash. We’re getting close enough to start taking liberties with one another, which means being disrespectful, and I’m too old to play games like that.

I’ve lost credibility with her. A typical situation. Maybe it’s because I have too much stuff in my head, and no one knows me long or well enough to know where it comes from. It doesn’t help that a large part of my social discourse is frivolous and absurd.

I don’t know if we’re friends yet. For me, a friendship is established when there is a mutual sustained desire to hang out, and we will have to start being nice to each other again for that to happen. At this point, I can see interest completely dissolving.

This is getting a mess, and I'm not liking it. It must stop. Gr.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. I Me Mine (The Beatles)
2. Long May You Run (Neil Young)
3. Hoshi no Love Letter (The Boom)
4. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out (Bruce Springsteen)
5. Let's Spend the Night Together (David Bowie)
6. Zahrafat Al-Sa'id (Musicians of the Nile)
7. Revelling (Ani DiFranco)
8. Toco Band (Rising Stars Steel Orchestra)
9. Mestre Tata (Charlie Hunter Quintet)
10. Flamenco Sketches (Miles Davis)