Thursday, September 04, 2014

Heartbreaking. Such heartbreaking news about Ladies' Code. EunB dead.

I pay attention to rookie K-pop girl groups without much expectation. Often I'll dismiss them and wait to see what they bring next or until they get interesting. Sometimes I'll not be impressed but make a mental note to keep an eye out for them.

Then occasionally a group will hook me with their debut stage, and when that happens they almost always become "one of my favorite K-pop girl groups" (albeit I have like 20 of those). Ladies' Code was one of those.

When I kept a blog on the Korean TV show "Running Man", Ladies' Code member RiSe appeared on it as a practically unknown shortly after their debut, and in my personal comments on the episode I very subjectively recommended them to girl group fans and to check them out.

Sweet, pretty EunB. Loved her. Very sad and tragic. But because we live, we must die. RiSe was also injured badly in the accident and there hasn't been any definitive statement that she'll make it. She doesn't know about EunB yet. Sojung was also injured but is expected to survive. Heavy heart for them. I can't imagine them wanting to continue after losing EunB like this.