Thursday, March 21, 2002

Bon printemps
Vernal or Spring equinox takes place on Wednesday, March 20 at 2:16pm (eastern standard time), when the Sun crosses the Celestial equator from South to North, marking the first day of Spring in the Northern hemisphere. 

I check this blog every morning at work to make sure I didn't post anything incriminating or incredibly stupid painfully embarrassing the night before. Especially after a night at Beale St. (after which I tested my theory of RUI (riding under the influence), and yes, it works, although sometimes it takes a few seconds to get into a more controlled state of mind). 

I like randomly bringing New Jersey into conversations: 
Q: What are those scratches from? 
A: Mostly from cats. 
Q: Cats? Those must be pretty vicious cats. 
A: Big cats. I used to work at the zoo. 
Q: You so did not work at a zoo. 
A: Fine, don't believe me. 
Q: Which zoo? 
A: New Jersey Zoo. 

and 

E: Why did you live in 'Third World House' (in college)?
K: Because I didn't meet the Bon Jovi fan requirement to get into New Jersey House. 

and

After getting into an argument with Eric whether or not Bruce Springsteen is peeing on the American flag on the cover of the "Born in the U.S.A." album, I took a poll to see if anyone could corroborate it. No one could: "OK, you win, it looks like New Jerseyans will have to once again lead the country in the belief that Bruce Springsteen is peeing on Bon Jovi's toupee". 

and

me: OMG, you're from New Jersey? Where from?
them: (wherever)
me: Yeah? I'm from near Fort Lee, we're practically paisano!

current soundtrack: Vivaldi - "The Four Seasons: Winter" (coming from my neighbors cube. For an actual classical musician, she sure likes mainstream stuff)