Saturday, March 09, 2002

Most Recent Funny Thing I Do to Alleviate the Boredom:
When there are three people on an e-mail chain (one sending, two receiving), and at some point one of them sends back a message forgetting to cc the other person, hit the reply button, add the third person back on, re-write or doctor the 2nd person's message making it say something inflammatory about the third person (or otherwise ridiculous), then write a response to the fake message (either confirming it or defending the second person - either way, it's the third person who'll have to defend him/herself). Hit send. Chuckle mischievously.

I guess I should illustrate:
Eric to Theresa and Koji: Any word on this?
Koji to Theresa and Eric: I sent drafts to T last week. T?
Eric to Koji: I hope there was no unintended inference in my earlier email which might cause one to believe that an eagerness exists on my part to receive current NC ads and resume casework in that dreadful state. For it shouldn’t be; I’m not; and NC is. Thank you for your time.
Doctor E's message to say: Thanks K, you know how eager I am to file cases as that will not only help the team look good, but it is also beneficial to the firm, for which my loyalty is unwavering. And hey, doing a good job also makes me feel better about myself. Please let me know when the ads come in, and if there’s anything I can do for you, let me know.
Koji to Theresa and Eric (with doctored message now in the chain): My pleasure, E. And ditto, my friend, ditto.

It's even better when the second party is your boss.

Joycee factoid of the day: Hit herself on the head with a green file folder by accident. She's OK.