Tuesday, March 05, 2002

So, I'm just starting to get back into the swing of things at work, and I've filed for the first time in two months. I wonder if anyone notices that I hadn't filed since one of my teammates got promoted to Case Manager . . .

"What does that promotion mean?", I hear you ask?

It means that there is another level of review between me and my work, and my real boss, the attorney, who trusted that I do things intelligently and for a reason. As opposed to Ms. Case Manager who is going strictly by the book and therefore puts no independent thought in, and allows no independent thought by us. It's been degrading and demoralizing and has emphasized what a meaningless job this is.

I look at it as a little game now: (just a sample)
  1. I enter education dates on the forms as provided by the client, assuming he or she knows what his or her dates of school attendance were.
  2. Ms. Case Manager changes the dates according to transcripts and diplomas.
  3. Real boss signs off and the drafts go to the client for review.
  4. Client writes back, saying the education dates are wrong, and indicates the right dates (believe it or not, they are the same dates that I initially indicated!).
  5. I change the dates back and finalize the forms.
  6. Real boss signs off and the forms go out for signature.

I'm a corporate WHORE!! Give it to me, baby, oh yes, yes, harder harder!!

current soundtrack: "Nothingman" - Pearl Jam (at least we can still listen to music at work)