Thursday, July 11, 2002

Reading into corporate advertising:
There is a 21st Century Auto Insurance commercial airing on TV these days. It derisively says other auto insurance websites don't tell you what you want so that you're forced to call them.

Funny, that was exactly my experience on their website. I jumped through their hoops, clicked for a quote, and was told I couldn't be given a quote for a totally bogus reason, and I should call if I thought there was something wrong with their assessment. After going through all that, I called. Bastards.

The lesson: when viewing commercials, watch for what they accuse their competitors of doing. Most likely there is a good reason why they know these devious tactics of "their competitors" so well. THEY DO THEM.

current soundtrack: Enon - "High Society" (holy cow, they're coming to Bottom of the Hill on August 14. yeehaw!)