Thursday, January 26, 2006

I went with my brother this evening to see Avenue Q on Broadway. It far exceeded my expectations. I had heard that it was probably the most inventive show to come to Broadway in recent memory, but even being prepped, it was still amazing seeing it executed. Rolling in the aisles hilarious. It also had probably the most raunchiest sex scenes ever on a Broadway stage. By muppets no less.

This is in contrast to "Mama Mia" which I went to involuntarily a few weeks ago. I thought it was terrible, mostly because of the sound design. The music was pumped through the speakers at near rock show volumes that you couldn't tell if there were real musicians playing, and the singers were constantly competing with it. It came across to me as contrived and meaningless.

I sent out my application for that language course this morning. So I might be in Taiwan in a month. It's not surreal yet, but I'm sure it will be soon.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. December (Unwound)
2. Too Many Mornings ("Follies" - Sondheim)
3. Win (David Bowie)
4. Khushiyon Ka Din Aaya Hai ("Beta")
5. Starmaker (Julie Plug)
6. Ain't No Mountain High Enough (Diana Ross)
7. Please, Please (Stacy's Song) (Julie Plug)
8. Stand In Traffic (Skip Holiday)
9. Echo (Sweet Honey in the Rock)
10. Apple Scruffs (George Harrison)