Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Relationships are no where on the map of my future life plan. I have no interest and I can't even imagine what it would take to get me to the point where I would actually consider it. Mind you, I still react to human proximity suggestive of intimacy, and I'm perfectly eligible for being seduced without much resistance, I shouldn't wonder.

I don't know how that all works with the current dominant aspects of my life which hint at a more resolute . . . "moral" fiber, but it hasn't exactly been an issue for the past, oh, 7 years or so. I'm not worried or holding my breath. Or taking cold showers.

There's nothing about relationships I miss. However, I did think of one thing I would like in a relationship. I would like to be there when my loved one was dying, hold her in my arms and smile and be happy for her, happy for our times together, happy for all that she had given me. Support her while she died with positive energy. Smile and laugh while saying goodbye. That would be nice. Not worth getting into a relationship for that, though.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Will You Love Me Tomorrow? (Carole King)
2. Styrofoam Plates (Death Cab for Cutie)
3. On Guard (Le Tigre)
4. Waitress (live) (Tori Amos)
5. What Does It Take (To Win Your Love) (Junior Walker & the All-Stars)
6. PDA (Interpol)
7. Changes (live) (David Bowie)
8. Long Knives (Rainer Maria)
9. Wind-Up (Jethro Tull)
10. Egypt (Kate Bush)