Thursday, March 16, 2006

I've been here three weeks. The sun has rarely come out, but when it has, it has been at key points. The sun coming out made them key points.

I'm still waiting for my landlady to get ADSL for the building. Until then, my internet time is limited to a couple hours in the morning when I go to the public library, which I discovered this past Sunday, where there is wireless on the 8th floor. Before I discovered the public library, my internet time was limited to a few hours after class, where there was wireless on the 7th floor. Lugging my laptop to school sucked.
March 17, 10:38 a.m. - Shots from the stairwell of the main public library. This is looking left (south) across Da'an Forest Park. I live along "Da'An Park South" (Heping E. Rd) and my low-rise building is in this shot next to the church. 
Looking right (north)
Looking west. The pyramid structure is the roof of a pavilion.
Limited internet access is probably a good thing for me.

I bought a second-hand bike two nights ago for US$20. It's a piece of crap, but it will get me around and significantly cut down on travel time wherever I go. I'm sure in three months time, it will have paid for itself, but in terms of luxury, it will pay for itself many times over long before then. I don't know if it will last three months time, even with me toning down my riding style to "lobotomized", compared to how I rode in the U.S. I've named it the "Starship Enterprise".

Starship Enterprise, NCC-1701-Zzzzzz

This morning was an anti-teaching sitting. Key teachings that have resonated recently describe the true nature of mind as utterly empty and without inherent existence; naturally resonant and radiant; and of an uncreated nature, not coming from anywhere, not going anywhere. I searched for my "mind" and found that it is quite fullsome, as having an inherent existence, not at all resonant or radiant, and having been created, able to be destroyed. It was good, I'm coming along nicely, now having a clue what I'm not getting.

I get to play drums tonight.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Afterglow (Genesis)
2. Sparky (Kristin Hersh)
3. Norwegian Wood (Victor Wooten)
4. A Sermon (The Police)
5. Pull Out the Pin (Kate Bush)
6. Radio-Friendly Unit Shifter (Nirvana)
7. Platonic Dance (Anzen Chitai)
8. Spark (Tori Amos)
9. Start Together (Sleater-Kinney)
10. Spare Change (Michael Hedges)