Wednesday, March 29, 2006

It finally stopped raining yesterday. The glare was blinding. Everyone was squinting wondering what that annoying, bright, but strangely pleasant orb was in the sky (it was the sun!). It's been so long.

My uncle flies up from Kaohsiung fairly often for business. Last night and the last time he came, there were company dinners that he took me to. Last time was raining so I had to take the MRT. I learned my lesson from last time about being aware of my alcohol limit, but it was hard because they were drinking a local liquor I wasn't familiar with, and it didn't say on the bottle in U.S. terms what proof it was, although I suspect it was greater than the standard 80.

Yea, that wasn't so good. Especially since my uncle toasts co-workers right and left and right again, and expected me to join him in every one. But I'm a very controlled drunk. I managed to get to my MRT station just fine, but prior to the mile or so walk to my apartment (in the rain), I thought "*sigh*, I don't think I'm gonna make it all the way back to my apartment OK". So I strolled in the bathroom, waiting quietly in a stall for a couple minutes, puked, flushed, and walked out thinking, "ah, how refreshing". I'm pretty boring, truth to tell.

Last night they were drinking Black Label and I knew I had to bike home, so I stopped comfortably around my limit. I'm not sure how much I drank, but I'm sure it's nothing to brag about.

March 28, 7:44 p.m. - Me and My Uncle. I know I'm a slob, I won't speak for him, except to acknowledge he's a wonderful uncle.
8:35 p.m. - I guess my route home took me past the Da'an Park footbridge. Not surprising since it's a half block away from my apartment.
iTunes soundtrack:
1. The Double Planet (Michael Hedges)
2. The Killing Jar (Siouxsie and the Banshees)
3. Dance of the Seven Veils (Liz Phair)
4. Lonely Butterfly (Rebecca)
5. Once I Had A Love (Blondie)
6. Red Rain (Peter Gabriel)
7. Deep Red (Versus)
8. Goodbye (The Sundays)
9. Kazet (Mahlathini & the Mahotella Queens)
10. Valley of One Thousand Perfumes (Mary Timony)