Friday, March 03, 2006

I've been here for a week, and it's been cloudy, spitty, rainy, and dreary the whole time. So much so that I stopped carrying cameras around because everything was starting to look too dreary to shoot. Finally today we got peeks of, well, I wouldn't call it sunshine. I didn't see the sun, but the clouds were thinner and there were probably some breaks that I didn't catch. So I took Bebe with me, and finished the last few frames left on the roll between my apartment and school, about a 15 minute walk.

This afternoon before coming to class, I brought in two rolls to be developed. I had a flickr friend write out a message in Chinese to only process the roll, not cut the negatives, and that I don't want a CD made. Hey, there's a limit to how much Chinese I can learn in three days. So I'll have some fresh shots for Monday.

I need to change my sleeping schedule. In the first few mornings at my apartment, I woke up earlier than I cared to and went out to the park across the street while it was still dark. It was so pleasant that I thought I'd make a habit of getting up early and going to the park. It's not going to happen. Not with 2:10-5:00 P.M. classes. So once morning pronunciation classes end next Tuesday, I'm going to switch my sleeping hours back to normal and spend time in the park in more normal late night hours, which I think should be just as pleasant.

With morning pronunciation class and afternoon class, and the horrible drear that has been the weather, I haven't expanded my radius of exploration, but I think I'll hop on the MRT more this weekend, maybe go to other night markets, maybe scope out other film locations from "Yiyi", since the Lonely Planet guide identifies where the New York Bagel scene was shot.

1:39 p.m. - default shot
iTunes soundtrack:
1. How Long (Sweet Honey in the Rock)
2. I Hope That I Don't Fall in Love with You (Tom Waits)
3. Open (Peter Gabriel)
4. Our Love Was (The Who)
5. Disposable Parts (Enon)
6. SheJam (Almost Bootsy Show) (Bootsy Collins)
7. Everything Behind (Julie Plug)
8. Can You Hear Me? (David Bowie)
9. Moss Garden (David Bowie)
10. Double Talk Walk ("City of Angels")