Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I'm so not used to it not raining. I'm so not used to sticking my head way out of my bathroom window into the alley to catch the sliver of street visible and seeing sunlight and shadows, instead of wet asphalt and windshield wipers. I'm so not used to seasons changing, and it hasn't dawned on me how swelteringly sweaty hot it's going to be here very soon. No jacket required, going slow on bike wise for not overheating and dehydrating as I'm wont to do.

I rode out on the Starship Enterprise this late afternoon after class to look for a Citibank. All the locations may have been looong range walking distance in my first week here, but no more. I don't have hours of time to spend exploring on foot. Looking for Citibank turned out to be a casual rolling excursion into some new areas, some already familiar areas. Some navigating peds on sidewalks, some scooters navigating me on streets. The first Citibank I tried was near Taipei 101 which I haven't been to yet this time. That's when I ran out of film, which was fine since this wasn't supposed to be a shoot. The second Citibank was actually closer and it worked. That one was in territory I already knew, not far from the music store with the drum rooms.
5:33 p.m. Taipei 101, currently the tallest building in the world, from Xinyi Rd. Taipei World Trade Center at the bottom left.
iTunes soundtrack:
1. Air (live) (Talking Heads)
2. (A) Face in the Crowd (The Kinks)
3. Quicksand (David Bowie)
4. Fly Me To the Moon (Julie London - ultra lounge)
5. I've Been Waiting for Tomorrow (All of My Life) (The The)
6. Be-In ("Hair")
7. I Can't Quit You, Babe (Led Zeppelin)
8. Tundra/Desert (Modest Mouse)
9. Them Heavy People (Kate Bush)
10. Status Quo (Throwing Muses)