Saturday, March 18, 2006

Sona 嗩吶 (Chinese double reed "trumpet").

March 18, 2006 - Sona players (I know that from ethnomusicology classes from college) practicing by the Danshui riverside. I've seen these guys practicing here more than once, so I think they do it regularly. And if you listen to this thing, you can figure out why they do it here. Annoying the shit out of people in public is better than annoying the shit out of your neighbors. I thought I was open-minded musically and culturally, but catch me in the wrong mood and I'd be stabbing people after five minutes of this. I think 9 out of 10 people would prefer to hear me wheezing away on the shakuhachi. Or not. Eight maybe.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Fly Me to the Moon (Yoko Takahashi - "Neon Genesis Evangelion")
2. I Just Want to See His Face (The Rolling Stones)
3. Look A Ghost In the Eye (Mary Timony)
4. Accidently Kelly Street (Frente!)
5. The Morning Fog (Kate Bush)
6. Jamming (Bob Marley & the Wailers)
7. Corpse Pose (Unwound)
8. Sunday in the Park with George ("Sunday in the Park with George" - Sondheim)
9. Seven Years After (Princess Princess)
10. Kawa no Nagarewa (The Boom)