Friday, December 01, 2006

I've been unusually hungry lately, and craving of sweet things. This morning, after I got my class assignment, I ended up at McDonald's for breakfast, even though I wasn't even particularly hungry.

Every decision I make seems to be a bad one. When I first moved to Taipei, I was deciding between two places. The other place was in this neighborhood where I had breakfast, the Technology Building MRT area.

I haven't figured out if neighborhoods are referred to by the MRT stations that are nearby, or if the MRT stations are named after the neighborhoods they were built in. Maybe a little of both.

In this case, I imagine no one thought twice about the Technology and Science Building until the MRT people realized there was nothing else in the area to identify this station. Now, if you say Technology Building MRT, people know where you're talking about. And people still don't think twice about the Technology and Science Building a bit down the road, I shouldn't wonder.

But if I hadn't impulsively decided on the apartment I live in now, in the long run I think the other apartment would have been much better, especially with my transfer of schools from Shida to Taida since Taida is closer to that apartment. The apartment itself was quieter. I imagine the internet is reliable, or must be in comparison to my current situation. I imagine I wouldn't be allergic to the place.

I know. Who knows? The grass is always greener. Who knows how divergent my life might have been in the other apartment, either better or worse? So I'm just bitching negative.
2:40 p.m. - Looking north up Shida Rd. at the Shida main library on the annex campus.