Saturday, May 24, 2003

I need to get off my ass and:
* get a Peter Gabriel ticket for the June 7 show;
* remember to go to the Fillmore tomorrow and get tix for Blonde Redhead and Supergrass;
* buy a plane ticket to go to my brother's wedding on June 21st; and
* go to a tux place on Monday to get measured and wait until my brother provides me with the fax number to where I need to send the info.

All this committment makes me queasy.

Today,:
* the sun never burned off the fog so it was overcast all day;
* I walked through the pre-Carnival fair on Harrison St., despite the wind and the cold;
* I received the latest Oberlin Alumni Magazine featuring recent rock bands with Oberlin pedigree, including the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs, Rye Coalition, Oneida, Songs: Ohia, and even mentions my contemporaries Liz Phair and Sooyoung Park (Bitch Magnet, Seam). It made me depressed.

At least I have coffee. But why can't I have coffee and be in a band? Because I've wasted the last ten years being too lazy to make the necessary connections, and not working hard enough at it to be good at it. That's why.