Tuesday, May 20, 2003

quotes:
- "Fortune smiles at some and laughs at others" (from "13 Conversations About One Thing")

No kidding. Sometimes I wonder about the cards the universe has dealt me. Sometimes I don't because it's just too laughable; too sad; too perfect; nothing to wonder about. It's not that my life gets seriously crapped on incident upon incident, it's all in the teases. Year after year of cumulative teases.

I believe in karma, but not as a restricted moral system. Karma isn't something for humans to really understand, rather it's cosmic law of cause and effect where we really cannot predict the effect of whatever we cause.

It's too complex and amorphous for humans with their normative and linear thinking to unravel. But for everything we do, something else is affected. This is a key characteristic of samsara, the world of suffering we live in. To attain enlightenment and transcend samsara is to remove oneself from the law of karma and the cycle of rebirth.

I accept my karma. So the universe laughs at me, my life is one big joke, OK. After all, that is what has made me what I am. And if I die, it's all in accordance with it. OK. Should I struggle against it? I'll let my karma and instinct decide that. Even though my bad instincts is a hallmark of the big joke.