Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I thought today would be back to normal but I'm nearing panic mode. I thought today would be back to normal when I didn't see Hyun Ae during either of her class breaks. Class breaks aren't deep times but we often touch base – all of us classmates from last semester.

I thought I was safe for the day because on Tuesday afternoons I have an extracurricular class and I'm finding I don't have time to lunch with the bunch. I thought that was it after not seeing her during her breaks and tomorrow is another day.

But after her class, she called. I was in the library studying. She didn't have to twist my arm to get me packed and going to lunch with her and Takako. Quick lunch, but surprise she wanted to hit some more bike shops so we planned on meeting after my class.

After yesterday I was less confident that she would bail and she didn't. Three hours of what was supposed to be study time as I have tests on Thursday and Friday.

We're supposed to be exchanging hugs goodbye, we're supposed to be kissing goodbye. wut? But she has a boyfriend. This connection isn't right. We hang out, we spend time together, we enjoy each other's company and then we're supposed to part ways. But when we part ways, we make one last connection, and it's not a kiss or a hug, but it is.

Again tomorrow? She was saying, yes, she wants to tomorrow. I have a test on Thursday? She didn't say anything direct, but she hinted and I said I would make room tomorrow, damn the test. What the hell is wrong with me? This isn't right, and it won't happen.

iTunes soundtrack:
1. Isolation (Joy Division)
2. Way of the Ocean (Three Mile Pilot)
3. Dos Gardenias (Ibrahim Ferrer)
4. Where Did You Sleep Last Night? (live) (Nirvana)
5. Connection (Elastica)
6. Nite Flight (Lee Morgan)
7. Sinkhole (Throwing Muses)
8. Doe (The Breeders)
9. Pulled Up (live) (Talking Heads)
10. Bend Down Low (Bob Marley & the Wailers)
WordsCharactersReading time