Saturday, July 29, 2006

I wasn't planning on calling her, but, well, whatever.

I cracked in the middle of the afternoon while I was on a bike ride and called her. I was riding on the riverside bikeways along the Keelung River and realized that my planned ride would take me through her neighborhood and it would be a convenient place to take a break.

Today was better than yesterday. I tried to keep my mindfulness and watched myself and whatever I said. I only regretted a few things; frivolous things, perhaps unavoidable. I tried only saying things I meant to say and that were true to myself. Me being honest with myself and to her, not caring what she thought about what I said.

She has gone back to referring to her boyfriend as her “friend”, but today I directly referred to him in a casual joke comment as her “boyfriend” with all its implications, and I don’t think she was comfortable with it, and she completely ignored it.

12:51 p.m. - Riding east through Xinyi District under Taipei 101.
1:18 p.m. - You wouldn't believe the lawsuits before they put this sign up.
2:03 p.m. - double-decker freeway over the Keelung River, shot from Chenggong Bridge.
2:10 p.m. - Riverside bikeway, this can be seen under the bridge in the previous pic.
2:20 p.m. - Sorry, it's gruesome, no one wants to see it, but Taiwan has dead animals floating in its rivers. What country doesn't? 
2:38 p.m. - shooting west on the left bank of the Keelung River.
2:58 p.m. - shooting south on the right bank after the river makes a 90 degree turn north. This bridge can be seen in the previous post that was shot from a bus crossing the Minquan Bridge.
6:50 p.m. - just a marker shot of the end of the day. I had met with Hyun Ae in the late afternoon, hung out with her and eventually we ended up here, the Miramar Mall in the Dajia area north of the Keelung River, where she lives. 

Pentax ZX-5n, Kodak BW400CN film:

Bikeway ramp off the Chenggong Bridge.

This is the only shot from the photo shop scan to CD-R. The rest are home scans.

Under the Zhongshan Freeway, national highway #1
iTunes soundtrack:
1. You and the Clouds Will Still Be Beautiful (XTC)
2. Curi Curi (Campur DKI)
3. Black Boys on Mopeds (Sinead O'Connor)
4. Rael (The Who)
5. That's the Way (Led Zeppelin)
6. Suite for Flute & Jazz Piano Trio, No. 2; VI. Affectuese
7. "Buddhist Chanting"
8. Cities (live) (Talking Heads)
9. It's Enough (Sleater Kinney)
10. Joe the Lion (David Bowie)