Friday, October 10, 2003

Response #12, lightly edited for grammar, with one curious exception, and spelling and syntax (hey, I edit to make it bearable to read):
Date: 2003-09-25, 11:37AM

You know that somebody has to care. The fact that you wrote out to the CL community says something. You really don't want to end your life. I really think that this could be a new beginning.

Sounds like you gave up on life. Don't. Life is not really that bad. Some of us have problems that are worse than yours and than that are not. But if everyone that terminated their lives wrote out as you did, maybe some would still be here today.

Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Why not take all of those thoughts and turn them around. I, for one, will miss you. Who knows, maybe we already know each other. Maybe we will meet later and be great friends. Why take that away from us?

If it's someone that you need to talk to, I'm here. I would miss that fact that you did not try to reach out. But I do believe that you are in a silent way. Using CL for that. Some of the responses were good, others horrid. Give me this, leave me this. Shame, shame, shame.

Look at what you have done in the past, and how many people that your life has influenced. The many smiles that you've put on faces. The laughter that you caused at parties and at work. Do you really want to give all that up? I think not.

And lets not forget your family, that I'm sure loves you very much. Why put that much grief on them. Think about it first. Talk to people.

Don't cut yourself short, grow with life. Take the punches and fight back. Come out a winner. Show life you’re in charge. Do it. DO IT NOW!!!!!!

Again, I'm a friend that cares, talk to me if you need to. I'm always here.


OMG, this response is so funny!! Maybe she was cheerleader in high school or a previous life! Responses like this make me shake my head and chuckle, thanks for the larf. "Do you really want to give all that up? I think not". HI-larious. As a rule, don't engage a potential suicide by saying, "You don't really want to end your life" (you big kidder!). I also like the “Why take that away from us?” Don’t kill yourself, live for the possibility of living for me. I have a feeling she’s Asian or Asian American.

Talk to her? No, I don't think so. If she talks the way she writes, she would probably aggravate me so much I'd end up killing her. Shame, shame, shame.