Saturday, June 12, 2004

My leg still hurts from when I mentioned hurting it somehow last week.

I didn't think it was any big deal. I still don't, but it still hurts the same as it did a week ago. I think it's psychological. Like the time I got hit by an SUV, but my body didn't indicate that it was hurt until over a month later.

I can't even identify what is hurt in my leg now. There's nothing visible, no scrape, no bruise or discoloring. I don't think it's bone, like a light fracture, although I haven't broken a bone in such a long time I don't know all the ways that might hurt. Like I said, I don't know what happened, and the pain in my hand that I mentioned went away.

It hurts underneath the skin in my right shin – muscular maybe, but no bruising. If I run my hand across it applying a slight pressure, I can feel the pain and it's kind of sharp. It also hurts if I stretch it, but the pain isn't so bad that I have to avoid doing it. It's just there. It hasn't stopped my sitting regimen or kept me from riding.

If it is psychological, I'm trying to figure out what my mind is doing or saying. I'd like to think it's telling me to remember that night, but that's wishful thinking. Remember what?