Sunday, May 16, 2004

I did my ghost thing around the Castro this afternoon, walking around like I wasn't there, imagining a different world where the people I saw didn't look so heavy. Where people smiled and randomly said hello to each other. Where people didn't feel threatened or the need to feel threatening or dish out attitude. Where common courtesies were second nature because society was good about valuing them. Where people owned automobiles, but chose not to use them as a primary mode of transportation. Where people blew bubbles instead of smoked cigarettes. I'm in a commercial now, ain't I?

And then I ran into ex-co-worker, Ken. Nothing kills a ghost act than someone you know walking up and saying hi. I've fallen to such lows.

Northern Exposure Quote of the Day:
Walt: Good afternoon, Rhoda. I've got a little chest cold. What have you got for it?
Ruth Anne: Well, let's see, Tincture of Opium's good, codeine, oh and heroin syrup. Why don't you try them all and see what works best?
Walt: Much obliged, put them on my tab.
Ruth Anne: Mm-hm.
V.I. Lenin: I'll take these bunion shields.