Tuesday, August 13, 2002

I don't feel bad about getting so little done at work while boss-lady is out this week. We have impending lay-offs looming over us, and as much as I would love to get laid-off, I have my doubts about whether I will or what I will do if I don't.

Boss-lady has been avoiding me since the rumors started, and whenever she avoids me, I don't work as much. That whole time period from January to June, when she was avoiding me to avoid the Ms. Case Manager issue, I barely got anything done. Whenever she paid attention to me, I worked. Segue into . . .

More online test results:
What Drives You? How You are Motivated to Take Action: Connection
"Based on your answers about values, past behaviors, and internal priorities, we can tell you are most fulfilled when you're interacting with others. You connect to the world through your connections with people. For this reason, you seek social attention and are apt to join groups and organizations, either formal or informal.

"You, more than others, look for ways to belong to a group, to have fun, to care for others, and occasionally, to be the center of attention. You thrive when you see the opportunity to interact with friends, colleagues, and family, and you tend to want to soak up everything you can about people and relationships. Perhaps it's because you recognize that learning about interpersonal dynamics will, in turn, make you a better person — more caring, more empathetic and more honest with yourself.

"Working to better yourself as you go through life is a powerful goal. And it can be more easily attained if you can learn how Connection, your key motivator, can guide you to live a fully enriched life."

As much as I profess to be anti-social and not care whether I have friends are not, all of this is very true. I'm just morbidly dysfunctional.