Saturday, August 10, 2002

Woohoo! Boss is out, I'm hoping to get laid-off, it's a warm, sunny Friday . . . 

. . . time to get to know me better! (Quiz courtesy of the complainer): 
1. I call myself: Yes. I sometimes call myself and leave a message on my machine to remind me to do something. 
2. I am this old: 33 (biological); 64 (lifespan); 23 (maturity) 
5. My favorite thing to drink is: alcohol! 
6. My favorite food is: lasagna! 
7. I am this tall: 5'5.75" 
8. When I get up in the morning the first thing I do is: tell myself over and over that it is going to be a good day, really, it is going to be a good day. 
9. The last thing I do before I go to bed is: turn off the lights, duh! 

Shower Time! 
1. I take baths or showers: showers 
5. I use a comb or a brush: both, I'm so vain, I bet I think this song is about me. 
6. I blow dry my hair or let it air dry: blow dry. I hate being wet. Unless it's sweaty and with someone else. Anyone wanna go for a run? 
7. My toothpaste is: Menthadent or Colgate 
8. My toothbrush color is: blue and orange, Mets represent, yo! 
9. I like hot or cold showers: Hot showers when it's cold, cold showers when it's hot. I'm a very, very logical, rational person. 
10. What I think about in the shower: the meow mix song (meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow . . . you know the tune, everybody sing!) 
11. My least favorite thing about the shower is: trying to get those hard to reach places. 

Primary School 
1. My mom drove me to school or I rode the bus: Walked! We were called "walkers". Parents never drove me. They had already left for work by the time we had to go. I was a latch-key kid. 
3. My favorite teacher was: I think it'd have to be Mr. Lesh, the music (band) teacher. I played trombone. 
4. My least favorite teacher was: Mrs. Haft (5th grade), the one who started probing into my childhood trauma and neglect. I neglected a lot of things when I was a child.
6. My favorite field trip was to: Museum of Natural History/Hayden Planetarium
7. What I remember most about primary school is: nothing I remember "most". More like a memory slideshow. 

High School 
1. My favorite subject in high school is/was: didn't have one 
5. My favorite activity in high school: Jazz/Rock 
6: I was in the band and I played: bass in Jazz/Rock; double bass in orchestra and the pit. 
8. I was in this school play(s): only pit orchestras for numerous musicals 
9. I was in this crowd at school: music/theater/track geeks
10. I had detention this many times: zero, we didn't have detention.
11. I drove to school: sometimes 
12. I skipped class this many times: I didn't, I was a good boy. Can I get a treat?
13. I was always late for class: nope 
16. I went to prom with: Shiho Nakai 
17. I went to this many football games: none, I was a track misfit. 
18. My favorite field trip was: track meets. Invitationals were always fun track and field trips. 
19. I was in the principal's office this many times: we had a "Headmaster", not a principal. And none, not that type of school. 

Music 
1. My first cassette I bought was: "Tommy" movie soundtrack. But I was so young my oldest brother may have done the actual purchasing. At Bergen Mall on Rte. 4, NJ in my memory.
2. My first CD I bought was: Kate Bush - "The Dreaming" probably
3. I at one time owned records/or still do: still do in New Jersey. 
4. My favorite band is: Genesis, Modest Mouse, Versus, Throwing Muses
5. My favorite female singer is: Kristin Hersh (Throwing Muses)
6. My favorite male singer is: Peter Gabriel 

Misc
1. I still write letters and mail them out: only to Madoka at this point. 
2. I spend this much time online a day: way, way too much. 
4. I want to travel to: Scotland, France, Japan, Taiwan 
5. My favorite phrase is: "It occurred to me . . . " 
6. my favorite quote: "In this life that we call home/The years go fast/And the days go so slow" - I. Brock (Modest Mouse) 
8. I live in a: nightmare 
10. My most treasured item is: my A bike (red Peugeot); my amber Spector bass; and my blueberry Yamaha Beech Customs which I might sell soon because I suck and I don't have anywhere to play them.
11. My goals in life are: dying young and soon. I hate unattainable goals. 
12. My favorite sport to watch is: baseball 
13. The friend I couldn't live without: Amina Chaudhri 
14. I'm so happy I met: Amina Chaudhri 
15. I miss this person the most: Amina Chaudhri (or Shiho Nakai)
18. I have the most fun hanging out with this person: Kateri, Katie, Elizabeth (they were all just by my cube). 
20. This person makes me laugh a lot: me! Hahahahaha! 
25. This is on my walls: Audrey, Audrey, Audrey! (my brother: "What's up with all the Audrey?"). Audrey reminds me of Amina Chaudhri. My cousin was named after Audrey Hepburn.
26. I'm a sucker for: lollipops and sad-sack cases 
27. I couldn't live without this: exacto knife, I'd kill myself without it. 
29. The thing that drives me completely crazy is: my utter lack of sanity 
30. The best thing about my life is: appreciation for nice weather, the music I like, good memories behind me. 
34. This makes me nervous/stressed out/upset: not dying 
35. My favorite scent is: sandlewood incense. 
36. My favorite place to go when I want to be alone: cemetery 
37. This was the longest thing I have ever done: No, I've done longer things. I've even done surveys that were longer, believe it or not.