Saturday, August 17, 2002

we gotta get outta this place: pt. 3
I royally suck at taking things into my own hands regarding my life. All I have to do is go to HR and say, "Hey, there are rumors going around that there are going to be lay-offs. I just want to say that there are people here who really need this job, and I'm not one of them. In fact, I might leave in the near future anyway to pursue something that utilizes my degrees to a fuller extent. So, if my name isn't on that secret list locked in your bottom drawer . . . give a second thought to the people who really need this job."

When was the last time I took things into my own hands. I quit the band, but it was more like I was pushed out because it became unbearable. If I really took things into my own hands, I would have quit a year ago. Same with the last living situation I was in. None of the schooling I did was my decision. Moving to S.F. was my idea, but it wasn't my doing, it was pursuant to going to school here, which wasn't my decision. Even this job fell into my lap and I only got it through help and connections.

I'm not very proactive with my life. I leave everything to fate and float through my existence. Let me give a little bit of advice, based on my experience. Don't do that. Be proactive about your life and take it by the horns or else you'll find yourself proactively drinking yourself to death because the currents of fate in the river of life have run you onto its rocky shores. I crack myself up.

Why am I talking about how much I suck?