Tuesday, August 13, 2002

My weblog turned six months old yesterday. Do I have any regrets? Not really, it's doing what it's supposed to be doing. I wish I could communicate more with less words, but that's not my poor weblog's fault.

Am I too halla old to be doing this? Probably. But there are people older than me doing this, but their weblogs are all political and satirical and mature. Mine's is just . . . you know, whatever. Did I really just write "halla"?

It's nice having a web presence. It fascinates me, the enormous flow of ideas and thoughts people are letting loose into cyberspace, realizing these are all lives. So many people, so much going on, and the amount of bloggers worldwide still must only be a tiny fraction of the world's population, since the majority probably can't afford computers or the leisure to blog.

I think I'm giving this weblog about another six months and then kill it and start a new one. Why? That's kind of the way I treat my life, so it feels kind of natural to put an end-date on my weblog. Whether it happens or not is a totally different story. Usually not. It's habit. It's my nature. And you can't get away from your own nature.

I remember reading on someone's weblog that he was considering killing his blog. Someone commented, "Would you kill your own child?", and someone responded, "If it was stupid and ugly I would". I thought that was funny.